Executive search: Head of Corporate Medical Affairs, Respiratory Therapeutic Area
Sector – Farmacéutico.
Our client is a well-known and consolidated pharmaceutical laboratory that has entrusted us, Closest partner, with the exclusivity of supporting it in the direct search and evaluation of a Head of Corporate Medical Affairs, Respiratory Therapeutic Area.
The laboratory is committed to values based on improving society by promoting people’s well-being, assuming responsibility and commitment to social, environmental and economic sustainability and is currently present in more than a hundred countries, with a staff close to of the 2,000 collaborators.
Head of Corporate Medical Affairs, Respiratory Therapeutic Area
The Head of Corporate Medical Affairs for the Respiratory Therapeutic Area is a critical position to ensure the creation of clinical evidence supporting value, the dissemination of scientific evidence through high quality Medical Education and to assure effective medical and scientific support to laboratory’s different Areas, including also capability development of affiliates and partners.
The position will report to the Chief Medical Officer, member of the Board of Directors of Ferrer.
What will the role do:
As Head of Corporate Medical Affairs of the Respiratory Therapeutic Area you will:
- lead the Medical Strategy that supports the development of the franchise under your responsibility.
- Be responsible for the management of the Respiratory Medical team, comprised of 3 Medical Advisors
- define the long and mid-term Medical strategy and goals
- Lead and assure operational execution of data generation plans of the franchise’s strategic products.
- Ensure adequate review and approval of promotional materials and activities globally, from a medical perspective and in accordance with corporate compliance and all applicable external guidelines, regulations and laws.
- Effectively allocate budget and resources to provide the necessary support to medical needs of affiliates and partners to achieve annual objectives of the Brand teams.
- Build excellent partnerships with Corporate Marketing, Market Access, R&D, Regulatory and the NPP group, by continuously working in a Matrix and cross functional approach.
- Initiate and support high impact medical education activities in accordance with the Brand Plan (including digital and virtual options).
- Identify and implement appropriate high-impact medical research projects. Collaborate with clinical operations (R&D Area) to support the performance of clinical study feasibility, effective study implementation and ongoing management of trials.
- represent the Company in scientific activities with internal or external key stakeholders and relevant medical groups, including Medical Societies, Research Consortiums, Advisors contracted by the company.
- Responsible for ensuring the performance of the Medical team and the continuous upskilling and development of its members.
- Represent the Corporate Medical Department in the NPP working group, assuring all functions attributed to Medical Area are adequately supported.
- Coordinate the contribution and support of the Medical Department to the Regulatory Affairs department, specifically on the clinical overview section of the regulatory dossiers and other medical or scientific documents needed in the MAA process.
Educational & Key Capabilities:
- Life Sciences, Biomedical or Medical education at Master or PhD level
- 4-5 years of experience in similar roles. Regional or global experience is a plus.
- Pharma Life Science business expertise.
- Previous Therapeutic Area experience in Pulmonary Hypertension and Interstitial Lung Disease and in rare or orphan indications
- Previous experience in leading teams (even if without having direct reports)
- Excellent command of English.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing conditions.
- Capability to work continuously in a cross functional matrix mode.
- Very good Strategic and Analytical Skills.
Interested apply or contact:
- directly to the publication of the offer on linkedin.
- or contact Emma directly at the email address: email@example.com
- or apply to the offer published on the Closest partner website www.closestpartner.eu Head of Corporate Medical Affairs, Respiratory Therapeutic Area.